Saturday, August 9, 2014

injaynesworld "It's A Woody!"


Today is the five-year anniversary of injaynesworld, traditionally themed the “Wood Anniversary,” and no one is more surprised than I am that, after five years, I can still get it up.

When I started IJW on August 9th, 2009, I had no expectations.  I had written my last TV-movie script in 2004.  Reality television was kicking script writers to the curb like used condoms and creating a feeding frenzy for the few TV-Movie assignments that still existed, so I took an early pension (God bless the Writer’s Guild) and figured my writing days were over.   

It wasn’t until the summer of 2009 that I felt the urge to write again creeping over me like prickly heat.  I’d had never even heard of a blog, but the Universe is interesting.  It always presents an opportunity at exactly the time when we are most open to receive it.   And so injaynesworld was born.

From the beginning it felt like home; a place where I could experiment with words, ideas and forms in ways I’d never attempted before; a place I could just be me.  What started out as mostly humor essays and political commentary has morphed more and more into fiction – something I never foresaw or even thought myself capable of doing.  While I made the big bucks writing for television, I have never experienced the kind of satisfaction from writing that I do now in this little corner of the blogosphere. 

During this whole journey, I’ve received nothing but kindness, support and generosity from my readers.  I’ve gotten to meet some of you in person and others have become treasured friends online, but all of you have enriched me in ways too numerous to count.  That, more than anything, is why I continue. 

Cheers!  And thank you. 

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails