Sunday, September 27, 2009

injaynesworld we offer a recap of "This Week's Madness"

A new feature we may or may not do on a regular basis.

                                  ***

On C-Span’s Washington Journal this week, Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) gave his astute reasoning for why global warning is a left-wing hoax.  Apparently blaming God, he offered, “God’s still up there,” claiming that climate change is simply a result of normal cycles.   Hey – our hands are clean.  Bitch about it to the Big Guy.   Okay, Senator, I’ll pass that along in my nightly prayers.    Yo,God... Inhofe said it's all your fault.  Get it together, you big screw-up.   

                                              ***
From Sen John Kyl (R-Ariz), we have this misogynist gem:   “I don’t need maternity care,” so employer health plans shouldn’t be required to include it.   Fortunately, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich) was there to shut his face with this quick retort, “I think your mom probably did.”    You go girl!

                                              ***

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) was caught on tape Wednesday evening at a Pima County Republican Women's event letting loose with this brain fart: "It is a great relief, to say the least, to get out of that hell hole in Phoenix and be down here in Tucson."   Her office immediately went into crisis-management mode, telling reporters that Brewer was referring to the "hellish budget hole" and not the capital city of Phoenix.    Yeah, right.  Brewer’s poll numbers are already in the toilet.  Let the flushing begin…

                                              *** 

Because we can never have enough reality television, this courtesy of the New York Post: 
               
The CW network has announced plans for "The Fly Girls," a new reality show that will track five Virgin America stewardesses as they cavort in their "high-flying careers filled with exotic locations and handsome strangers."   The eight-episode show, scheduled to premiere mid-season, will follow the women, who share a "crash pad" in LA, as they fly around the world "while pursuing good times, great parties, adventure and love."  Not mentioned:  long tarmac delays, bad airline coffee and snarky passengers.                             

Virgin Airlines?  Seriously?... I know I can’t wait…

                                               ***

From the tell-all, “Speech-less” by Bush speechwriter Matt Latimer, perhaps the most disturbing thing he reveals about George W (at least to me, but we all know how disturbed I am) is that he used to pad around the White House wearing Crocs.    I don’t know about you, but for me this explains a lot.

                                               ***  
And our top story of the week…

Mackenzie Phillips delighted us all with her graphic regurgitation of her 10-year sexual relationship with her father.   When asked for a comment, her half-sister (the pretty one), Chynna Phillips, replied, “Who in their right mind would make such a claim if it wasn’t true.”   Oh, I don’t know.  Maybe a lifetime heroin addict, has-been actress looking to make a buck?    I’m not saying it’s not true.  Maybe it is, but did we really need to hear about it?    And when did Oprah morph into Jerry Springer?   I needed a hot shower after this one.  

And so ends this episode of "This Week's Madness."   If you have some of your own to add, by all means do share.

4 comments:

Adam said...

When we read about the dirt and just-plain-stupidity in public politics, I wonder how much worse may be intra-partidary politics. And I wonder what kind of character one must have to thrive in it. When I do, what I see in the news just become self explanatory...

Adam (mrelife.blogspot.com)

Linda Medrano said...

It's so tiring that we get these "reality" shows that are absolute trash (but we like them). And if I had a 10 year incestuous relationship with my dog, I wouldn't talk about it on Oprah.

In it's wisdom, the State of Oklahoma just renewed my 87 year old aunt's license to carry a concealed handgun. Oh boy!

Linda Medrano said...

Okay, okay, I meant to write "In its wisdom,", not in it's wisdom. Shouldn't rush. Story of my life!

Liz Harrell said...

"I think your mom probably did." HA. That makes my day. What doesnt make my day is that we live in one of, if not the most advanced nation in the world and women's reproductive healthcare here is ranked something like 15 worldwide. Makes me furious... and I dont even have children.



Related Posts with Thumbnails